FREE! (Normally sells for $12.00)
Upload this package to your LMS for students to learn anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Automatically grades and enters scores into your LMS gradebook. Beautifully designed, quick and easy to use. Save time and preparation work!
**Please unzip the downloaded file to access the packages.
This Micro learning package allows you to teach the complex subject of evolution with ease. You simply upload it directly to your Learning Management System and let the package take care of everything else – it even automatically grades and reports your students’ scores to your LMS gradebook, easing your stress and giving you more time to focus on what matters.
In this micro lesson, part of the Evolution and Its Processes series, your students will learn about How Populations Change over time.
This package contains a lesson, interactive glossary flip cards, thought-provoking questions, and a short knowledge check quiz. Full instructions for uploading to your LMS are also included.
This is an invaluable tool for both you and your students and allows you to gauge their knowledge while saving you valuable preparation time.
Why Choose this Package?
Micro learning packages save you time and preparation work, and they can actually have a beneficial effect on your students’ learning and wellbeing. When students complete the built-in knowledge check they’ll receive instant feedback, which helps them assess their own learning, increase their retention and build their confidence.
This Micro package is ideal for transitioning to paperless formative assessment and will provide the indispensable, supplemental resources you need to complement your teaching.
The content in this package is based on Openstax textbooks written by academics, which have been rigorously peer-reviewed.
Benefits for Teachers:
• Save time, effort and paper
• Automatically grades and enters scores in your LMS gradebook
• Unlimited options: When used with other Micro lessons, you can decide what topics you want, when you want to assign them and how often you want students to complete them
• Self-contained, quick and easy to use
• Real-time updates on your students’ knowledge on the subject
• Allows you to see at a glance where students are struggling
Benefits for Students:
• Anytime, anywhere learning
• Instant feedback and scores after quizzes
• Easy-to-follow, beautifully designed interface that adapts to any computer or mobile device
• See, track, and save progress
• Be in charge of their own learning
• Available completely online – they won’t need to physically be there to turn it in.
• Reduces late homework submissions.
Part of Meso: Evolution and Its Processes
Level: High school, Advanced Placement and college; science and non-science students
Product Type: Micro
File Types: SCORM Package (.zip), web files (HTML)
File Size: 5.5 MB
• Easy, one-click upload to your LMS
• Automatic Grading and Reporting to your LMS gradebook
• Contains 2 Packages with options: SCORM 1.2 and Web only (No LMS)
• Knowledge Check Quiz (4 questions)
• Instant Quiz Feedback to Students
• Students must complete each part in order
• Device-responsive; it looks great on every computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone
• Progress shown and saved (most LMS)
• Interactive Glossary Flip Cards
• No LMS? No problem, you can upload to your web site (self-grading but no LMS reporting)
This product is the Discovering How Populations Change Micro and is part of the Evolution and Its Processes Meso, and is part of the Concepts in Biology Course. All content is rigorously peer-reviewed by educators and derived from Rice University Openstax textbooks.
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to:
• Explain how Darwin’s theory of evolution differed from the current view at the time
• Describe how the present-day theory of evolution was developed
• Describe how population genetics is used to study the evolution of populations
Our packages are published as SCORM .zip files and most Learning Management Systems (LMS) will accept these types of packages, however ensure that your LMS accepts SCORM packages before purchasing this product. Tested on Blackboard and Moodle.
Due to the wide variety of Learning Management Systems and computer and mobile devices in use, occasionally a wireless connection may be dropped and communication to the LMS interrupted. Therefore, it is not recommended to use this product for any high-stakes summative assessment.
I hope you enjoy this Microlearning package! Please rate and leave your feedback so that I can continually improve my products. Thank you!