PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
About this Product
This differentiated unit is composed of interactive notebook lessons organized into chapters. Each chapter includes:
• An overview with photos of the completed INB activity
• One page of input notes (differentiated when necessary)
• At least one INB activity (key included)
• A 4-5 question mini assessment (key included)
• A 2-part reflection exercise
• Download a FREE Interactive Notebook Unit to learn more about my INB units
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
• Editable Life Science Input Notes are available for purchase
Chapter 1: What is evolution?
Chapter 2: Theory of Natural Selection
Chapter 3: Variation & Species Diversity
Chapter 4: Frequency of Traits
Chapter 5: Competition for Resources
Chapter 6: Evidence for Evolution
Chapter 7: Comparative Embryology
Chapter 8: Comparative Anatomy
Chapter 9: Fossils
Chapter 10: Using Fossils to Study Climate
Chapter 11: Fossil Record
Chapter 12: DNA as a Molecular Clock
Chapter 13: Phylogenetic Trees
Chapter 14: Changes in the Environment
Chapter 15: Endangerment & Extinction
Chapter 16: Artificial Selection
-Topics are differentiated for upper elementary and intermediate grades.
-Topics are differentiated with a color and shape code.
-Two pages of generic and self-assessment reflection prompts are included.
• This unit aligns with NGSS 3-LS4-1, MS-LS2-4, MS-LS4-1, MS-LS4-2, MS-LS4-3, MS-LS4-4, MS-LS4-5 and MS-LS4-6.
• Refer to my Free Curriculum Support Materials to help incorporate INB lessons into a NGSS aligned curriculum.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).