The Evolution of the "Unwritten" Constitution Bundle comes with the lesson plan and the PowerPoint. You can save $1.00 by purchasing this bundle instead of each part individually. It uses different ability levels and the Multiple Intelligence Theory to differentiate instruction. It follows the 7th grade NYS social studies curriculum and standards. It includes the following sections:
2. Lesson Plan
3. 3 ability levels of vocabulary sheets
4. 2 ability levels of note sheets for the enriched PowerPoint
5. Basic ability level note sheet for the basic PowerPoint (enriched note sheet works for both levels)
6. Student choice activity sheet about how a bill becomes a law
7. Maze activity with rubric (cooperative mixed ability grouping)
8. Children's storybook activity with rubric (cooperative mixed ability level grouping)
Both activities focus on how a bill becomes a law.
9. 2 ability levels of a graphic organizer with answer sheet for the concluding set
10. Paragraph writing assignment about the President's cabinet for homework
These are the headings of the PowerPoint slides:
1. Political Parties Began to Develop Due to Different Political Beliefs
2. Federalists v. Anti-Federalists Chart
3. Federalist Papers
4. President's Cabinet
5. President's Relation to Congress
6. How a Bill Becomes a Law
7. Committee System in Congress
8. Traditional Limitations on Presidential Term
There is a vocabulary slide that has these vocabulary words and their definitions at the beginning of the PowerPoint.
1. Political Parties:
6. Committee System:
8. Federalist Papers:
The essential questions are as follows and are repeated at the beginning of the PowerPoint and then again at the end.
1. What are the five “unwritten” parts of the Constitution?
2. What was the main difference between the federalists and the anti-federalists?
3. How does a bill become a law?
Below I have provided the links to the PowerPoint and the Lesson Plan that are sold individually so that you can see the ratings and comments of each of them.
Evolution of the "Unwritten" Constitution PowerPoint
Evolution of the "Unwritten" Constitution Differentiated Instruction Lesson Plan
This is part of an even larger CONSTITUTION UNIT BUNDLE. You save $27.00 when you purchase the unit bundle instead of each piece individually! You can find it here: Constitution Unit BUNDLE Common Core & Differentiated Instruction
Please download the preview file so that you understand more about what you will get with this purchase. This lesson plan was last revised on 10/23/2013. All links worked on that day. I cannot guarantee any of the links because I do not control the internet. Thank you in advance for rating and commenting about this lesson plan. Please be specific when you comment so that other teachers know why you rated the way you did. If you rate that their are inaccuracies, please let me know in the comment what they are so that I can fix them. You help me become a better teacher and writer.
Evolution of the "Unwritten" Constitution Bundle
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com