This is a google sheet (spreadsheet) that you (or teachers) use to evaluate the quality of an ELA assessment (test).
It has the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) for ELA grades 1 through 12 embedded within the formulas and many layers of automatic filtering. Assessing a 50 question test by just clicking the mouse yields an automatic dashboard illustrating the quality of the exam.
Each assessment item (test question) is compared to the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE), rated for quality, and ranked according to the Depth of Knowledge (DOK) level.
There is a Dashboard that automatically creates graphs which allow for quick, visual, inspection of the test quality based upon:
1) Type and frequency of each standard that is assessed.
2) Illustrates missing or untested standards
3) Depicts the quality of the questions
4) A Graph for the Number and Level of each DOK on the exam
5) Also it illustrates the type and frequency of reading/writing that is being assessed.
If you want your ELA State scores to improve, look no further than the quality of your school's own exams.
This file can be saved as a template, copied, and used countless times.
The document you will download is an instruction sheet, that has a google-share link that will prompt you to make a copy.
If you have any questions or need help, please email me at any time.
Thank you for looking.