Race relations is a very controversial and important subject in today's world, and this lesson is designed to get your social studies classroom to think about race in today's world.
This lesson includes:
1) lesson outline
2) Internet activity
3) Questions based on the movie
4) Discussion questions
5) Project with a grading rubric
6) An extra credit assignment designed to encourage your students to be involved in their community
Examing Race Relations in the 20th Century Using Remember the Titans
by Dena Lopez
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Check out these other resources by Room 311:
Resources for Black History Month
Civil Rights Movement Student Assignments
Resources for Black History Bundle
Role-Playing Roundtable: Brown vs the Board of Education
Check me out at Room 311 on Facebook
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.