T.EX.Ting is a wonderful way to keep students engaged in their reading. Active engagement in reading is the best way to improve student's comprehension.
Students love T.EX.Ting and sharing their T.EX.Ts with others. What makes this great is that many of the active reading marks are actual texting abbreviations...this allows students to learn the marks quickly and feel at ease using them.
In this 24 page download you will receive:
1. Four different colored T.EX.Ting posters that show students the active reading marks they will use while reading and an explanation of the marks.
2. 7 different bookmark sized charts. Students can refer to these as they are actively engaged in text.
3. 10 different graphic bookmarks that have phone wallpapers on one side and the T.EX.Ting chart on the other side. All you have to do is cut them out, fold them in half and laminate.
4. An example of T.EX.Ting that you can photocopy and use with your students.
5. Two sample texts that students can use to practice T.EX.Ting.
I know that your students will find this active reading strategy very motivating. My student's ability to engage in text has improved greatly.