This is an example argumentative essay on the topic 'Should there be a school uniform?' It walks you through the best practices of argument writing while constructing the actual essay. It includes below features:
- Introduction (describes the problem and the current status).
- Next three paragraphs present three different arguments.
- Then there is a refutation (rebuttal).
- Last paragraph repeats the writer's position with in a different way (from the first paragraph). Then there is a short summary. Finally the essay ends with an action item recommendation.
- Writing includes below features which are very important in scoring in examinations:
d. rhetorical question
f. survey results
g. a variety of punctuation marks.
- At the end, there are some questions and answers on the essay. These will help the students to understand the useful and important features the writer has used.