I created these documents to share with teachers as we began to change our planning protocol. The document has changed as our focus has shifted every year.
Here's some background!
The goals for our 1st and 2nd year of math planning were:
- Develop a common language in our grade level planning conversations.
- Develop consistency on planning expectations vertically.
- Develop a lesson plan format to be adapted (with small tweaks here and there) by all grade levels on campus.
- Year 1- Focus was shifting from Whole Group instruction and moving into Guided Math format of instruction.
- Year 2- Focus was to create grade level files that all team members have access to in order to continue with the implementation of Guided Math and start developing small group lesson plans
-Year 3- Focus is to take the grade level lesson plans and differentiate instruction by focusing on small group lesson plans. Each teacher will now work on creating a personal lesson plan file, and focus on developing differentiated small group lesson plans.