Ancient Civilizations Archaeology Dig Activity
Are you teaching an Ancient Civilizations
course and want a fun, engaging way to get started?
Need to introduce your students to the Ancient Civilizations
in a memorable way?
This activity is designed for an Ancient History
class or as review for AP World History.
Students are asked to "travel" around the classroom to excavate the stories of seven ancient civilizations
. Could also be easily organized as an archaeological dig activity!
Included Early Civilizations:
Phoenicia & Canaan
Egypt & Kush
India (Indus River)
China (Shang Dynasty)
Included are placards
(each to be copied front and back and laminated for best use) and a worksheet for student recording of significant SPRITE
facts and critical thinking questions for follow up at the end.
I set my room up into excavation sites with shredded paper and string. The students love this activity!
Preview shows all pages included in this activity, but is compressed for size limits so images are not as crisp as actual product!
• Ancient & Early World History Quotes Posters Bulletin Board Wall Decor Set
• Early Civilizations & Geography Clue Cards for Games, Review, Centers Activity
• Early Civilizations Traders & Scribes Debate Historical Thinking Activity
• Early Humans Prehistoric Hunters & Gatherers Debate Historical Thinking Activity
• Geography's Effect on Early Settlement in Early Civilizations Activity & Writing
• Mapping the Lands of the Ancient & Early World Activity Bundle
• Early River Civilizations Unit Plans and Materials UPDATED!
Also see my other Complete Ancient World and Modern World Units
See my TpT Store for other great Social Studies activities!