Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Guided Projects that Teach making Charts and Graphs in Excel are the ideal way to build technology literacy for our youngest students. This set of 5 projects show students 5 different graph types so that by the time they get through the final project they could do it independently.
Graph Types Included:
Teacher Guide Includes:
Spreadsheet Vocab Packet Includes:
For Students, Each Project Includes:
1. Watch the video directions
2. Complete the steps of the project
3. Save the file (alternatively, have students raise their hands when finished and you can check over their work before they close out of it)
If you’re working with students who can’t read or type yet, do this as a whole group.
Use the PDF option if:
1. You want to give instructions yourself instead of having students watch my video.
2. Your students are able to open a blank Excel workbook to get started on their own (they don’t need a template).
3. You’re working with a different version of Excel than I am and the video directions don’t match up.
4. You like to have a printed copy of the directions for your students.
The PDF Option has everything you need except for a demonstration. Walk students through the 3 steps of the project and show them the rubric if you’re using it. Then, let them work through the steps while you walk around and help where needed (or do the project whole group).
Use the Spreadsheet Vocabulary as posters or a mini lesson to introduce Spreadsheet software.
If you have a different version of Excel, point out where the icons are to your students. It is important for students to be familiar enough to be able to work across any version of the program. In general, the icons stay quite similar in each release of Excel even if they move the location around a bit.
Your youngest students might not be ready for it, but older ones can use the Keyboard Shortcuts while completing the projects.
Copyright Brittany Washburn.
All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art and font credits.
Connect with other Technology Teachers:
If you're interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.