This engaging and detailed resource pack has been designed to make the learning of expanded noun phrases (particularly prominent in the new curriculum) easily accessible, engaging and interesting for all children. Throughout the lesson, students learn to improve their skill at using appropriate, concise, and precise expanded noun phrases within their own writing compositions.
The lesson follows a clear, logical, bite-size learning journey, which guides students towards differentiated learning objectives. Over the course of this journey, they become able to:
- Define what expanded noun phrases are;
- Identify varied and interesting nouns and adjectives;
- Analyse and evaluate what it is that makes some nouns and adjectives more effective than others;
- Utilise prepositions in order to open up new levels of detail in their own expanded noun phrases;
- Write an extended piece with the employment of exceptional expanded noun phrases;
-Peer/self-assess learning attempts.
This resource pack includes:
- A visually engaging whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- A clear and interesting worksheet for the development task;
- Picture resources for the main activity;
- A detailed lesson plan, complete with what the teacher and students should aim to achieve at each stage of the lesson.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide of the PowerPoint/ the bottom of worksheets.
You can buy this lesson alone or as a part of the Descriptive Writing Big Bundle, for even greater value. Thanks!