Part of the new "Emotions in Music" series! What makes music sound "exciting?" Is it the tempo? Instruments? Ten (very upbeat!) classical pieces are included for your group to study. Feelings & observations will vary in this activity - great for class discussions!
- There are no wrong answers! Students can note how they feel and what they imagine while listening to a selected piece of music. Choose from the musical instruments, nature scenes, colors, and more.
Weather & Feelings
- Weather is a recurring theme in classical music. Does a musical piece remind the listener of a snowy day or a cheerful sunny afternoon? Students can select the weather symbols that come to mind. Is the music happy or sad? A set of emotional characters allows your group to pick the feelings that best relate to a piece of music.
Printable Listening Sheet Sets Include: (two pages each)
01. The Battle on Ice, Prokofiev
02. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, K. 525 Mozart
03. Ride of the Valkyries, Wagner
04. 1812 Overture (Finale,) Tchaikovsky
05. William Tell Overture, Rossini
06. The Marriage of Figaro, Mozart
07. Entry of the Gladiators, Fuchik (pronounced few-chick)
08. Flight of the Bumblebee, Rimsky-Korsakov
09. In the Hall of the Mountain King, Grieg
10. Sabre Dance, Khachaturian
Play one to two pieces per day for a week long study.
Earn Free Products!
Posting a rating & feedback allows you to earn credits towards future TPT purchases!
Browse all Classical Composers
FREE Classical Composer Sample Pack
Johann Sebastian Bach
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
John Philip Sousa
Follow + Feedback
If you would like to stay updated on new items and freebies, please stay connected by following this store! Please contact me if you're looking for something specific and I will do my best to help. Thank you for visiting!