PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Executive function resource will help students gain the skills they need to be more independent in the classroom and in life. Students with executive function difficulties have difficulty managing time. If you are not able to tell time on an analog clock you are unable to understand the passage/sweep of time. Students need to understand elapsed time and know what certain amounts of time look like. This product allows you to put time in your students hands. They learn what 5, 10, 15, 20… minutes looks like and what it feels like.
This product helps students understand the sweep of time, having 30 minutes to complete a math assignment before recess is a very difficult concept for some students. What time is it now, what time will be it 30 minutes, what time should you be half done? Timers need to be set for the half way point. Have students check their work to see if they are half done. Did they have any distractions? Do they need to pick up the pace?
Included in this download:
1. Time fraction templates in color or B/W to copy on different colored paper, one color for 5, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30 and 60 minutes to put time in their hands. You can decide if you want to make enough for each individual student or have students work in groups. I copy onto card stock, cut out and laminate sets and place on a key ring for my students. Students can cut out their own and store in a plastic bag to use throughout the lesson and with the worksheets.
2. Teacher instruction sheet..
3. Worksheet and answer key: match the time fraction to the correct number or minutes
4. Worksheets and answer keys: Fill in the number of minutes that match the fraction.
5. Elapsed time worksheet
6. Time in their hands task cards (cut and laminate for durability, place on key rings) use clothes pins or dry erase markers to make choices.
7. Time write the room.
Please remember to rate products for TpT credits. Credits can be used toward your future purchases on TpT. Your ratings are helpful when creating new products and I can also update any current product based on your feedback. My hope is that you are 100% satisfied and feel you can give the product a 4 star rating. If not, please send me a question/comment if there is something I can do to improve your downloaded purchase. Sales, ratings and new followers make my day. Thank you in advance for your time.
Click HERE to follow my store. You will receive emails about new resources. Purchase new resources within the first 48 hours of upload and receive 50% off! Thank you.