Also included in
- Teach executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes lessons and activities for teaching study strategies, executive functioning skills, and SMART goals. These are helpful supports for all middle and high school studentsPrice $27.00Original Price $34.50Save $7.50
- This is a huge bundle of materials specifically designed for middle school special education teachers. It includes materials necessary for writing IEPs, assessing student progress, teaching study skills & executive functioning skills, helping students write goals, write behavior intervention plaPrice $99.00Original Price $142.50Save $43.50
- Target executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes over 600 pages full of lessons, templates, and workbook pages to teach study strategies and build executive functioning skills. These resources can provide students wPrice $75.00Original Price $109.50Save $34.50
These lessons teach executive functioning skills including planning, organization, time management, task initiation, working memory, metacognition, self-control, attention, flexibility, and perseverance. Each lesson includes a description of the skill, a pre-assessment, and activities to practice the skill.
Digital and Print Versions
This workbook comes with BOTH printable PDF versions and digital versions for Google Slides.
To access the digital online version, use the "Digital Directions." Click the link and choose "copy" to get your own paper-free document that students can use on computers or tablets. Text boxes have already been added to make it easier for you and your learners!
How to Use
Use these lessons to teach students about their own executive functioning strengths and challenges. As they become more self-aware, they can learn techniques to help them compensate for their challenges along the way.
These lessons can be taught in large or small groups by the regular education teacher, special education teacher, parents, or other support professional. These worksheets can also be used during advisory for middle and high school students. While all students can most assuredly benefit from learning strategies to strengthen executive functioning skills, some learners may need these skills as a critical intervention. Some students who need that level of intervention might include learners with ADHD, autism, learning disabilities, and more.
Why Teach Executive Functioning Skills?
Executive functioning skills are the basis for everyday skills! They include skills such as planning, organizing, initiating tasks, following through will all assignments, assignments, and persevering through problems inside and outside of school.
Many students who forget assignments, are disorganized, can’t complete long-term assignments, have trouble focusing, and experience difficulty with change often have weak executive functioning skills. These are the students who need to be taught explicit skills in order to become successful in school and in life after school. Simply put, executive functioning skills are necessary life skills.
Table of Contents
• Teaching Executive Functioning Skills
• Executive Functioning Skills I Will Learn
• Planning Poster
• Planning Self-Assessment
• Planning Overview
• Planning Your Routine
• Planning with a Goal in Mind
• Organization Poster
• Organization Self-Assessment
• Organization Overview
• Organizing Your Notebooks
• Keeping a Planner / Homework Log
• Time Management Poster
• Time Management Self-Assessment
• Time Management Overview
• Managing Your Time
• Meeting Deadlines
• Planning for Projects
• Task Initiation Poster
• Task Initiation Self-Assessment
• Task Initiation Overview
• Stop Procrastinating!
• What Should You Be Doing Right Now?
• Working Memory Poster
• Working Memory Self-Assessment
• Working Memory Overview
• Working Memory Strategies
• Working Memory Practice
• Metacognition Poster
• Metacognition Self-Assessment
• Metacognition Overview
• Metacognition Strategies
• Quality of Work
• Reflecting on Progress
• Self-Control Poster
• Self-Control Self-Assessment
• Self-Control Overview
• Stop, Think, Choose
• Self-Managing Behaviors
• Attention Poster
• Attention Self-Assessment
• Attention Overview
• Classroom Attention Strategies
• Dealing with Distractions
• Flexibility Poster
• Flexibility Self-Assessment
• Flexibility Overview
• Flexibility Problem Solving 101
• Flexibility Problem Solving 102
• Perseverance Poster
• Perseverance Self-Assessment
• Perseverance Overview
• Perseverance Strategies
• Practicing Perseverance
Buy a Bundle and SAVE Over 20%!
This bundle includes a total of 132 pages targeting executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes lessons and worksheets teaching study strategies and ways to improve executive functioning skills, lessons and printables for helping students create SMART goals, and an executive functioning bulletin board with posters.
Target executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes over 300 pages full of lessons, templates, and workbook pages to teach study strategies and ways to improve executive functioning skills. It includes ALL of my executive functioning and study skills materials in one place.
Tips for Customers:
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
- Follow my store for notifications about new resources and freebies.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.