Also included in
- This bundle includes over 140 pages targeting executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes lessons and worksheets teaching study strategies and ways to improve executive functioning skills, lessons and printables for h$27.00$34.50Save $7.50
- Target executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes over 500 pages full of lessons, templates, and workbook pages to teach study strategies and ways to improve executive functioning skills. It includes a huge collectio$75.00$109.50Save $34.50
- This is a huge bundle of materials specifically designed for middle school special education teachers. It includes materials necessary for writing IEPs, assessing student progress, teaching study skills & executive functioning skills, helping students write goals, write behavior intervention pla$85.00$121.50Save $36.50
- This Social Emotional Learning Bundle is a huge selection of resources focused on managing emotions, self-regulation, perspective taking, executive functioning, confidence, developing goals, and more. It is ideal for special educators or support professionals looking to get several of their social,$74.00$99.00Save $25.00
These lessons, activities, and posters teach specific executive functioning skills including: planning, organization, time management, task initiation, working memory, metacognition, self-control, sustained attention, flexibility, and perseverance. Each lesson includes a description of the skill, a pre-assessment, and activities to practice the skill. These introductory lessons can be used with students from upper elementary all the way through high school.
A digital version for Google Drive is included! This is perfect for virtual or distance learning classrooms, or also just to integrate technology into a paperless classroom.
How to Use
These lessons can be taught in large or small groups by the regular education teacher, special education teacher, parents, or other support professional. These worksheets can also be used during advisory for middle and high school students. While all students can most assuredly benefit from learning strategies to strengthen executive functioning skills, some learners may need these skills as a critical intervention. Some students who need that level of intervention might include learners with ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, and more.
Why Teach Executive Functioning Skills?
Executive functioning skills are the basis for planning, organizing, initiating, and following through will all tasks, assignments, and problems inside and outside of school. Many students who forget assignments, are disorganized, can’t complete long-term assignments, have trouble focusing, and experience difficulty with change often have weak executive functioning skills. These are the students who need to be taught explicit skills in order to become successful in school and in life after school. Simply put, executive functioning skills are necessary life skills.
UPDATED: Revised to include a digital version for Google Slides. To access the digital online version, use the "Digital Directions." Click the link and choose "copy" to get your own paper-free document that students can use on computers or tablets. Text boxes have already been added to make it easier for you and your learners!
Table of Contents
• Teaching Executive Functioning Skills
• Executive Functioning Skills I Will Learn
• Planning Poster
• Planning Self-Assessment
• Planning Overview
• Planning Your Routine
• Planning with a Goal in Mind
• Organization Poster
• Organization Self-Assessment
• Organization Overview
• Organizing Your Notebooks
• Keeping a Planner / Homework Log
• Time Management Poster
• Time Management Self-Assessment
• Time Management Overview
• Managing Your Time
• Meeting Deadlines
• Planning for Projects
• Task Initiation Poster
• Task Initiation Self-Assessment
• Task Initiation Overview
• Stop Procrastinating!
• What Should You Be Doing Right Now?
• Working Memory Poster
• Working Memory Self-Assessment
• Working Memory Overview
• Working Memory Strategies
• Working Memory Practice
• Metacognition Poster
• Metacognition Self-Assessment
• Metacognition Overview
• Metacognition Strategies
• Quality of Work
• Reflecting on Progress
• Self-Control Poster
• Self-Control Self-Assessment
• Self-Control Overview
• Stop, Think, Choose
• Self-Managing Behaviors
• Sustained Attention Poster
• Sustained Attention Self-Assessment
• Attention Overview
• Classroom Attention Strategies
• Dealing with Distractions
• Flexibility Poster
• Flexibility Self-Assessment
• Flexibility Overview
• Flexibility Problem Solving 101
• Flexibility Problem Solving 102
• Perseverance Poster
• Perseverance Self-Assessment
• Perseverance Overview
• Perseverance Strategies
• Practicing Perseverance
Buy a Bundle and SAVE Over 20%!
This bundle includes a total of 132 pages targeting executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes lessons and worksheets teaching study strategies and ways to improve executive functioning skills, lessons and printables for helping students create SMART goals, and an executive functioning bulletin board with posters.
Target executive functioning and study skills necessary for academic success at the middle and high school level. The bundle includes over 300 pages full of lessons, templates, and workbook pages to teach study strategies and ways to improve executive functioning skills. It includes ALL of my executive functioning and study skills materials in one place.
Materials are for personal and classroom use (not commercial use). To clarify, educators may use materials with their students and/or caseload. Educators, parents, and support professionals may use materials for private tutoring/support with students/clients on a small scale basis. Materials may NOT be used within online paid courses, such as Outschool or Udemy. Please reach out to me with any specific questions on this.
Materials may not be posted freely on the Internet, such as a classroom website or blog. Materials may be shared directly with families and students through Google Classroom and any other password-protected means.
If you have questions or problems please contact me through Product Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Disclaimer: These resources and materials are for supplementary support/education purposes and not intended as a replacement for education, counseling, or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, counselors, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -