Exit slips are a form of formative assessment, in that, teachers use the data they yield to drive their instruction. These exit slips can be used to assess students’ understanding of any subject after a lesson has been taught. I developed these exit slips when I taught 4th and 5th grade math. So, I recommend using them for grades 4 through 12.
Teachers should use these exit slips to:
• Assess students’ understanding
• Plan for differentiated instruction
• Encourage students to think critically
• Promote metacognition in the classroom
• Three Things I Learned Exit Slip (2 per page)
• TMI Exit Slip (2 per page)
• Q&A Exit Slip (2 per page)
• Dynamic Donuts Exit Slip (2 per page)
• Square Biz Exit Slip (2 per page)
• Instructional Guide
Visit my blog at http://drcrystalbrown.com/blog/.
© 2013 | www.drcrystalbrown.com
All rights reserved by Dr. Crystal Brown.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.