Also included in
- This bundle is a HUGE collection of resources (ALL homework pages, activity sheets, project descriptions, useful illustrations, literacy resources) for biology teachers. The bundle includes all current and all future resources that I create for biology.Please note that this giant bundle is not incl$699.00$1192.93Save $493.93
This resource is meant to challenge students near the end of the year in high school biology to think more deeply about the biology they already know, as they apply it to an exobiology-inspired scenario! Students are given an activity description that tells them about this far away planet they are to investigate for what life it might contain. There are 15 "study" stations that have students identifying aspects of biology they already know, analyzing graphs and data tables, and thinking outside the box!
This activity is meant to make review meaningful and fun (and also help keep students focused and excited about learning at the bitter end of the year!) At the end of the activity, students will realize how much they really learned this year. Depending on the level of your students, it may take about 3-5 45-minute class periods.
Updated to include a digital version with a Google Slides document containing the Station Images and a Google Form for questions. The digital version is based on the student mostly-multiple choice option.
* Detailed Teacher Printing, Setup, and Scenario Instructions (I write out all the logic of the scenario so the teacher has all the "clues" and back-story behind the alien and its planet.)
* Fifteen Station Diagrams
* Short Answer Question Sets for each Station (5-7 questions per station)
* Mostly Multiple Choice/A Few Short Answer Question Sets for each Station
* Hint Pages (optional to add to each station to help out students who might struggle)
* Student Scenario Description Page
* Student Answer Sheets (you could give individually or as a group).
* Teacher Answer Keys to everything!
Aerobic Cellular Respiration (reactants and products)
Photosynthesis (reactants and products)
Properties of Water
Abiotic and Biotic Factors; Community Relationships
Producers, Consumers, and Decomposers: Food Webs
Qualitative vs Quantitative
Carrying Capacity & Boom and Bust Cycles
Organizational Levels of Life
Prokaryotic vs Eukaryotic Cells
Light and chemical energy; Light Absorption Spectra
Biological Molecules Structure and Function
(Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins, and Nucleic Acids)
Transcription and Translation (Overview, purpose, enzymes involved)
Membrane Transport Proteins
Osmosis, Facilitated Diffusion
Mitosis and Meiosis
(purpose, comparison, stages of each)
Gametes, Fertilization, Ploidy, Karyotypes
Phylogenetic Tree Interpretation
Simple Dominance and Punnett Squares
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us on the question and answer section of my store and we will get back to you quickly!
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
* make copies for your own classes only.
* place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc) AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
You are not allowed to distribute this digital resource to other teachers or post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view. If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.
Files are non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!
© Bethany Lau
All Rights Reserved.