Exothermic and Endothermic - STEM Activity -Design a Cold Pack
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This science bundle covers the Middle School Science DCI Matter and Its Interactions. Students will learn all the particles and molecules that form matter and how heat energy and chemical reactions affect matter. This resource has amazing labs that students will love! Save 20% by purchasing these itPrice $38.80Original Price $48.50Save $9.70
- Engineering Bundle for Middle School Science: Addresses all of the middle school Engineering Standards. Students will love these engineering challenges while learning about the design process, criteria, and constraints, and other STEM Ideas. Balloon Car, flashlight, ball launcher, and more included.Price $44.00Original Price $55.00Save $11.00
- This Middle School Science Curriculum Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. All the NGSS standards for Middle School Science are addressed in this bundle. Save 20% byPrice $329.00Original Price $423.80Save $94.80
- This is a bundle for 7th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 7th grade in California and other states using the NGSS Integrated Model. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these science resources. If your state uses the integrated model, you nePrice $99.80Original Price $124.75Save $24.95
- This is a bundle of resources on Physical Science for Middle School. Purchase together here and save 20%. This resource is designed to meet ALL the NGSS standards for Physical Science for Middle School. Students will be engaged in learning about all the physical science topics for middle school. StPrice $105.60Original Price $132.00Save $26.40
Design a Cold Pack❄️ Students will learn about exothermic and endothermic reactions in dramatic experiments in which they see the temperature quickly rise or drop. They will use this information to design a cold pack. Students will use engineering skills and the design cycle and they will construct a solution.❄️❄️❄️
✅NGSS MS PS1-6 Undertake a design project, engaging in the design cycle, to construct and/or implement a solution that meets specific design criteria and constraints test, and modify a device that either releases or absorbs thermal energy by chemical processes.*
This resource includes:
- an informative slide show
- strategic note-taking guide
- two lab activities
- a STEM engineering activity
- a reading passage
- response pages
- a quiz
- answer keys
**The materials for the labs include thermometers, hand warmers, glass jars, vinegar, baking soda, calcium chloride, ammonium chloride, and water.
The two chemicals listed can be purchased online from a science supply company. A link is included in the terms of service.
****This also includes an engineering activity to fully meet the standard for NGSS MS PS1-6. For the engineering activity, students will need some ziplock baggies, tape, foil, and other easy-to-find household materials.
Would you like to see more about forming a precipitate?
Save money and purchase as part of this bundle: Matter and Its Interactions
Save money and purchase this in the larger bundle; Engineering for Middle School Science.
Since this lab includes real labs with chemicals, students will need safety goggles.
My resources, including the slide show, are secure and not editable. This is for copyright reasons.
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams. If you have questions about Teaching Science resources, please contact me at email@example.com
You will also love these other resources for NGSS Middle School Science: