Expanding Linear Expressions (30 Task Cards – 3 different levels!)
This product includes:
(30) Expanding Linear Expressions Task Cards
(10) Task Cards with basic/simple problems - example 3(x + 2)
(10) Task Cards with intermediate difficulty problems including negatives
(10) Task Cards with advanced problems (includes fractions)
I use these task cards with my 7th and 8th-grade students.
(1) Interactive video lesson with notes on how to expand a linear expression. In the video, students are guided through a series of problems where the distributive property is used to expand linear expressions. This product is perfect for students learning about expressions for the first time. I use this activity as part of a 7th/8th-grade expressions unit.
(1) Notes package that complements the video lesson
Task cards are a very flexible resource. They can be used as a whole class, in math learning centers, as individual practice, as review for a chapter/test, and more!
There are 30 tasks cards in total. This purchase also includes an optional workspace recording page for your students. Qr codes reveal the answers.
"The mission of Wrestle with Math is to create engaging, highly effective resources for the math classroom"
Check out these additional products from Wrestle with Math!
Adding Expressions (Google Form & Interactive Video Lesson!)
Adding Expressions (30 Task Cards – 3 different levels!)
Subtracting Expressions (Google Form & Interactive Video Lesson!)
Subtracting Expressions (30 Task Cards – 3 different levels!)