Also included in
- Visuals to support PBIS!As we all know the first six weeks of school are crucial. At the beginning of the year, we spend all our time introducing routines, procedures and rules. When we focus on routines, procedures and rules, we are providing students with a consistent structure and setting clea$13.50$17.50Save $4.00
As we all know the first six weeks of school are crucial. At the beginning of the year, we spend all our time introducing rules, routines and procedures. By doing so, we are providing students with a consistent structure and setting clear expectations.
In order to support our students (especially our youngest students, our second language learners and our special education students), it is helpful to provide visual reminders so that students can learn how to become respectful, responsible, independent, cooperative, etc.. ,.
That’s why I created these expectations/rules visuals. Use these visuals as a tool to help your students understand what the rules/ expectations are in the classroom.
This product includes 35 visuals (half page and smaller size) that be used in a variety of different ways.
The visuals are...
1. Arrive to school well rested and on time.
2. Be ready to learn!
3. Raise your hand.
4. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
5. Show rigor. Always try your best!
6. Follow the directions the first time.
7. Be a good listener.
8. Make good smart choices.
9. Share with others.
10. Be responsible.
11. Clean your personal space.
12. Clean our shared space.
13. Be cooperative. Take turns and work together.
14. Be friendly. Smile at others.
15. Be friends with everyone.
16. Be organized.
17. Respect all cultures.
18. Be respectful. Have a heart.
19. Be kind to others.
20. Treat everyone fairly and equally.
21. Be honest and trustworthy.
22. Use good manners.
23. Speak up! Include yourself.
24. Speak up! Include others.
25. Speak up! Stand up for others!
26. Be independent.
27. Show good sportsmanship.
28. Look at the speaker.
29. Be resourceful.
30. Handle a problem or conflict peacefully.
31. Use a calming strategy when angry or upset.
32. Be silent.
33. Use an independent voice. Whisper to yourself.
34. Use a partner's voice. Whisper or talk softly to your partner.
35. Use a speaker's voice. Present or share to the class.
After instruction, place the visuals…
-on a bulletin board
-in a pocket chart
-in a binder or ring
Allow students the opportunity to review the expectations/rules throughout the day.
Hope you and your students find these visuals useful.
As always, your comments, feedback and/or suggestions are kindly appreciated.
Have a wonderful school year.
Note: Additional resources to support classroom management can be located in my store, just click on the link below...