Begin with history as your classroom management theme! Next, use imaginative classroom décor and desk arrangements to further these unique year long historical lessons. And intertwine CORE lessons with history, music, art, language arts, math, P.E., and more.
In this material you’ll have:
• Units are divided into 5 periods: Native Peoples, Mission, Mexico, Pioneers and the Gold Rush, and Statehood.
• Resources provide details on each historical period, with an ending theme party with actual food recipes and music sources.
• Classroom management of each unique period are based on the historical and political styles: complete team work, requiring leadership skills, vigilante, and practicing the 3 branches of governing with checks and balances.
• Thinking skills and problem solving are applied to real life situations.
• Your students will learn --in depth-- the social dynamics that no book or power point could provide!
• Teacher notes on ‘how too’, as well as what works best, are given.
• Have fun!
These ideas can be applied to other historical lessons, so go create!