3,2,1, liftoff! This link - embedded reading passage takes your students on a virtual field trip to experience the first man on the moon. Included:
- 2 page reading passage detailing Apollo 11's launch, journey to the Moon, surface operations, and the return to Earth.
- 25 + links embedded in the reading passage. Links are to primary source photographs in NASA's photo library and lunar sites in Google Moon Viewer. Each link is relevant to section of text it's found in.
Example Link 1
Example Link 2
Example Link 3
- Links to 9 video clips from NASA's video library. Video clips showcase key moments from the Apollo 11 mission. Video links are to NASA's channel on YouTube. Each link takes viewers directly to a bookmarked spot in the video.
Example Video Link
- 8 questions that ask students to analyze information from the text, original mission documents, and sites in Google Moon Viewer.
- Website with reading passage and links. If you can't distribute the document to your class digitally, simply print the passage and questions. Students navigate to this website (withheld from description) to access all links from a single page.
- Answer Key