This experiment explains to students key principles such as displacement, speed, velocity and acceleration using formulas and examples from Usain Bolts running records. Students then need to complete a 100m, 200m and 400m run to compare their times with Usain's time.
In this experiment student will need to
- Construct aims and hypotheses
- Record times and provide worked examples
- Explain if their hypothesis are accepted or falsified
- Define speed, velocity and acceleration in their own words
- Explain the differences between speed and velocity
- Make conclusions on experimental finding