Products in this Bundle (4)
- One of the things that I love about the NGSS is that students are given the task of designing their own experiments. This worksheet is the first step in the process of teaching them how to design their own experiment. This worksheet focuses on explicitly teaching students about independent variable
- This is a zipped file that contains a PowerPoint and PDF document. This activity is designed to help students to graph data during an experiment. It teaches students to set up their own tables and graphs and to use appropriate scale. This activity includes:* PowerPoint Presentation* Practice Work
- This resource was created to help students learn to choose the correct graph type and practice graphing. This skill is an essential prerequisite for the NGSS Science and Engineering Practice Analyzing and Interpreting Data. In 6-8 grade students should be able to:Represent data in tables and/or vari
- Your students understand variables and control groups and they are ready to plan their own investigation. Use this outline to help them with the experimental design process and check-in before they start their investigation.This product contains:PDF of the Planning Investigation OutlinePDF of an In
Also included in
- Not sure how to address the Science and Engineering Practices in your classroom? These scaffolds will help you use a discovery-based approach to help your students meet the Next Generation Science Standards.This bundle will help your students with the following Science and Engineering Practices:Ask$23.45$33.50Save $10.05
Teaching students to Plan and Carry out Investigations is difficult. But this resource will walk them through the process step-by-step. Start by having students identify variables and end with them designing their own investigations!
This product contains:
* PDF of introductory experimental design variable and a scaffolded worksheet to help students understand the concepts of experimental design.
* PowerPoint Presentation: Graphing Experimental Data
* PDF Worksheet: Graphing Experimental Data
* PDF of Graphing Data Practice with Key
* Planning Investigation Outline
This is to help students with the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices #3 Planning and carrying out investigations and #4 Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Lori says "Love it. My students really understood the concept."
- Cardigan Science Teacher says "Wonderful! Thank you so much for creating such a great resource to make my students figure out WHICH graph to use! It was great to use and easy to follow and students were happy with having the "Starters" available to them."