PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.59 MB | 79 pages pages
This study unit teaches students how to explain relationships within informational and literary texts.
The activities have PAARC aligned questions that encourage the students to complete selected response inquiries, and then note evidence from the text to support their selected response.
Each activity also includes Common Core aligned Speaking and Listening skills that have the students orally state and support their responses by using textual evidence.
To reinforce student understanding of the concepts covered within the activities, the students are encouraged to complete a Venn Diagram denoting the similarities and differences within the texts in question.
Once the Venn Diagram is complete, the students then write a two paragraph paper comparing and contrasting the topics in question.
The unit includes the following:
- Unit Implementation Suggestions
-Table of Contents
- Vocabulary Denotation
- Objective Denotation
- Essential Questions based upon the Common Core Standard
- Literary texts
- Informational text articles
- Common Core Speaking and Listening Skills Exercises
- Common Core Listening and Speaking Rubric
- Paragraph Writing Rubric
- Transitional Words and Phrases Resource (for writing exercise)
- Venn Diagram (graphic organizer)
- Full Unit Key (including writing exercises)
- Student Study Guide (Ready for Reproducing)
For more educational resources, please look into our other products: