Also included in
- Teaching Writing in Secondary ELA: Cover all the major writing strands in your middle school or high school English class with this Ultimate Writing Bundle.This download provides writing instruction for an entire year!This bundle includes everything you need to teach your students the three discipli$24.99$30.97Save $5.98
- Teach informational and explanatory writing to your students with my traditional explanatory writing unit and my digital informative writing resource that works with Google Drive!The digital SMARTePlans version includes:- ePlan teacher instructions (GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive) - a link to 18$12.99$16.98Save $3.99
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This writing unit includes 14 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assign$69.99$88.97Save $18.98
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Explanatory, Expository, and Informational Writing Unit: This writing unit includes everything you need to teach informational and explanatory writing to your middle and high school students. There is an editable PowerPoint presentation and supplementary teaching materials that contain assignments, activities, and an essay.
There are three different files in the zipped download.
- An engaging and editable, 26 slide PowerPoint
- A non-editable PowerPoint (for use if fonts do not transfer)
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
Looking for something that can also be used in a Google classroom? Check out this bundle!
The PowerPoint is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of informational and explanatory writing. This lesson covers elements needed for an informational essay and the writing process. The PowerPoint will help guide students through the writing process as they develop their essays.
The supplementary material includes:
- A standards-based unit outline
- Multiple in-class brainstorming activities
- An informational essay assignment
- An easy-to-understand peer review worksheet
- 100 point essay rubric
- AND MORE!
Check out the Google Drive version for this resource:
This resource is included in these two money-saving bundles:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational essay, explanatory writing, informative writing