Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Explanatory, Expository, and Informational Writing Unit: This writing unit includes everything you need to teach informational and explanatory writing to your middle and high school students. There is an editable PowerPoint presentation and supplementary teaching materials that contain assignments, activities, and an essay.
There are three different files in the zipped download.
- An engaging and editable, 26 slide PowerPoint
- A non-editable PowerPoint (for use if fonts do not transfer)
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
Looking for something that can also be used in a Google classroom? Check out this bundle!
The PowerPoint is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of informational and explanatory writing. This lesson covers elements needed for an informational essay and the writing process. The PowerPoint will help guide students through the writing process as they develop their essays.
The supplementary material includes:
- A standards-based unit outline
- Multiple in-class brainstorming activities
- An informational essay assignment
- An easy-to-understand peer review worksheet
- 100 point essay rubric
- AND MORE!
Check out the Google Drive version for this resource:
This resource is included in these two money-saving bundles:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational essay, explanatory writing, informative writing