Explicit Meaning -- Inference -- Textual Evidence (Level One).
This generic graphic organizer format simplifies your students' thinking processes required by RL1 - analyzing the explicit and inferred meanings of a text and providing textual evidence for support. It will work with any literary piece, including poetry.
Level One includes: Explicit & Inferred Analysis, Textual Evidence
Level Two (advanced) includes: Explicit & Inferred Analysis, Textual Evidence, and Significance
The two levels allow for individualizing for grade or ability level as well as a handy modification as required by students' IEPs. Recommended for grades 6 - 12. This organizer also aligns to Quality Core standard A.2.a.
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Goal-Setting for Teens
End of the Semester Student Evaluation and Goal Setting
1. Making Inferences with Great Photographs and Short Reading Passages
2. Making Inferences with Great Photographs and Short Reading Passages 2
3. Making Inferences with Art
4. Explicit and Inferred Meanings Graphic Organizer
5. Five-Minute Inference Passage
Summary, Main Idea, Paraphrasing
1. Differentiated & Fun Lesson in Summarization Skills
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
3. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
4. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Language (Grammar, etc.)
Parallel Structure: Five Day Mini-Lessons
Twelve Angry Men In-Class Performance for Middle and High School
1. Poetry Unit Test - Summative Assessment with Passages
2. Emily Dickinson's "Because I Could Not Stop for Death" Close Reading
3. E.E. Cummings Poem "maggie and milly and molly and may
1. Creative Writing with Art Prompts
2. Create-Your-Own-Character Mini-Unit - Creative Writing
Teaching with Film
"The Elephant Man" Movie Lesson Packet
Identify Literary Genres Matching Graphic Organizer
How to Critique Literature through Literary Criticism (ACT QC)
Infuse Arts & Humanities into Your Cross-Curricular Lessons - Ideas for ELA, Science, Math, History, etc.
1. Drop Out Facts and Statistics with Student Goal-Setting and a Persuasive Letter Prompt (persuade a friend not to drop out) - Includes Cause-Effect-Solution Graphic Organizer
2. Irish Culture Informational Reading Mini-Unit (not just for St. Patrick's Day)
1. Classroom Procedures and Expectations
2. Class Expectations & Signed Agreements in Assorted Designs (Beginning-of-the-Year Contracts in a Friendly Tone)
3. Classroom Management: Self-Discipline through Active Listening Skills (Great for a beginning-of-the-year Speaking & Listening CCSS unit - guaranteed to start your year off right!)
1. Index Cards for Copying - Why Buy Your Own?
2. Motivational Quotes Bookmarks- Great Gift for Your Students, Parents, etc.
Thanks for visiting my shop!