This passport allows for teachers to check student knowledge on the Exploration & Colonization Unit both written & verbally. Check for understanding by getting your students to TALK to you!! This is a PRINT & GO activity!! Also a great review for students!
Learning Objective: The learners will demonstrate their knowledge of American Exploration & Colonization by completing the Passport & earning stamps from their teacher after giving verbal answers to random questioning
1. Hand out Passport at the beginning of the Exploration & Colonization Unit
2. Due date should be the day AFTER your complete the unit
3. Explain to students the purpose of the passport: It allows for a teacher check of knowledge with students having to verbally answers questions that they already answered on paper. They will earn “Stamps” (or a teacher signature) when they answer questions correctly. They can earn stamps in tutorials, during warm-up (after they completed theirs), or any time at the teacher’s discretion.
4. The passport can be worked on throughout the whole time of learning the unit.
5. When students have at least half the passport filled out, they may begin earning stamps. It is a good idea to use one question from each column (columns are divided by topic) or areas that students tend to struggle (ex: representative government & salutary neglect).
*Please follow me on Instagram & Twitter: @Howsonhistory
*If you enjoyed this product, please look for the "FOLLOW ME" green star near my store's logo and click it to become a follower. You will be the first to see new products and future sales.
*How to get TPT credit: Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Next to each purchase there is a "Provide Feedback" button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where to give a rating and leave a comment for the product. Every time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that can be used on the cost of future purchases.