This is a comprehensive Age of Exploration bundle is loaded with new, common core activities that are guided by key concepts for Social Science.
This packet has vigor and fun with tons of Common Core options to teach about the Era of Exploration.
Teachers can pick and choose from notes formats, Common Core readings and worksheets and activities that fit your needs and teaching style the best. The packet includes:
I. Content Instruction:
The content in this bundle is not just a random selection of activities with unclear expectations. Instructional content was designed with the key concepts of World History including religion, achievements, geography, leadership/government, social classes and economy.
1. Explorers PowerPoint
with check for understanding questions.
2. Explorers Cloze Notes and Graphic Organizer
3. The Age of Exploration Historical Snapshot Close Reading
4. A key concepts for World History PowerPoint introduction, graphic organizers, writing guide and foldable activity.
II. Student Driven Activities, Guided Practice and Common Core Reading Age of Exploration Lesson Plans:
1. Good, Bad and Ugly Exploration Stations
Includes eleven reading stations, three assignment options, stations signs and answer keys.
2. The Age of Exploration Routes Map Activity and key Concept Graphic Organizer
3. Who Said It? Primary Source Explorer Quote Match
This actvity set comes with a quotes page, notes, graphic organizers and an answer key.
4. Age of Exploration Wanted Poster or Tombstone Activity
This activity has students evaluate the good and bad aspects of the Age of Exploration.
5. Exploration Talk Show with Dr. Telda Trueth!
Th is is a FUN class play or class reading with a graphic organizer!
III. Assessments and Review.
1. Explorers 15 question test- Has multiple choice, matching and a making inferences from the text sections. Comes with key!!!
2. A Fantastic Key Concept Match Activity, with graphic organizers, a matching assignment and writing guides with 3 options
3. A fun, interactive Exploration Term Play game that has students guess key terms with hints from the class.
★★★Check Out The Preview for a Closer Look!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, Magellan, Vasco Da Gamma, Hernan Cortes, Francisco Pizarro, Christopher Columbus, Conquistadors
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania