Also included in
- My US History resource bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Exploration and Colonization to activities for the Civil War and Reconstruction. These resources can be used for distance learning with Google Slides!!! ✨Save over $200 when you purchase the bundle now!✨ **Ple$599.00$814.63Save $215.63
- This bundle combines all of my resources for Exploration of the Americas through the Colonization of the Americas with the English 13 Colonies. Each of these resources have content readings, Doodle Notes, primary source analysis and processing activities. They are all also available in Google Slid$39.00$46.45Save $7.45
- All the games you need to review for an ENTIRE YEAR! This bundle of games includes content from Exploration through Reconstruction. Do more than a study guide and watch your US History scores soar! I have also included digital options for review games. Make your review time meaningful and ACTIVE! P$299.00$344.23Save $45.23
- Engage your students with activities and content readings for US History - all offered for Distance Learning with Google Slides™, Jamboards™, and Boom Cards™. ⭐This is a GROWING BUNDLE - as resources get added, you will receive them here! ⭐***********************************************************$285.03$316.70Save $31.67
- Do you want to give your students a fun way to review content in US History? Use these Task Cards on Boom Learning℠. These question cards are a combination of recall, primary source quotes, and images. Students will answer multiple choice questions, fill in the blank, and drag and drop answers. Chal$99.87$110.97Save $11.10
- This is a comprehensive plan and resources for 2 weeks of a US History review. In addition to a two week plan, you will receive games for review during tutorial sessions after school or on a Saturday. If you do not have two weeks, you can choose the review activities that support a majority of the t$249.00$304.29Save $55.29
Do you want to give your students a fun way to review the exploration and colonization of North America? There are 25 question cards on Boom Learning℠ that are a combination of multiple choice questions, fill in the blank, primary source analysis, and drag and drop answers. Challenge your students at a variety of levels!
⭐Please download the preview and click on the link for a sample of the activity. ⭐
What are BOOM Cards and how do I use them?
Are you wanting to use technology with task cards? Then BOOM Cards are your solution. Your students will log onto Boom Learning℠ use their desktop computer, laptop, Chromebook, tablet, or cell phone.
What are the benefits of BOOM Cards?
No prep! It is all done for you! You do not have to print (although you have that option if you want), laminate, or cut out any cards. And the best part is that BOOM Cards are self grading!
Is this rigorous enough for my students? Will it really help them prepare for tests?
Yes! BOOM Cards provide a variety of questioning formats such as multiple choice, fill in the blank, and sorting. The images will allow your students to analyze color photos to increase their understanding of the content.
Once I purchase, how do I access my BOOM Cards?
Go to https://wow.boomlearning.com/ and create an account. To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
What if I have a question?
You can find the answers to your questions with these helpful videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/boomlearning
2019 US History TEKS for 8th Grade
(2) History. The student understands the causes of exploration and colonization eras. The student is expected to:
(A) identify reasons for English, Spanish, and French exploration and colonization of North America; and
(B) compare political, economic, religious, and social reasons for the establishment of the 13 English colonies.
(3) History. The student understands the foundations of representative government in the United States. The student is expected to:
(A) explain the reasons for the growth of representative government and institutions during the colonial period;
(B) analyze the importance of the Mayflower Compact, the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut, and the Virginia House of Burgesses to the growth of representative government; and
(10) Geography. The student understands the location and characteristics of places and regions of the United States, past and present. The student is expected to:
(A) locate places and regions directly related to major eras and turning points in the United States during the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries;
(B) compare places and regions of the United States in terms of physical and human characteristics; and
(11) Geography. The student understands the physical characteristics of North America and how humans adapted to and modified the environment through the mid-19th century. The student is expected to:
(A) analyze how physical characteristics of the environment influenced population distribution, settlement patterns, and economic activities in the United States; and
(12) Economics. The student understands why various sections of the United States developed different patterns of economic activity through 1877. The student is expected to:
(A) identify economic differences among different regions of the United States;
(B) explain reasons for the development of the plantation system, the transatlantic slave trade, and the spread of slavery; and
(C) analyze the causes and effects of economic differences among different regions of the United States at selected times.
(15) Government. The student understands the American beliefs and principles reflected in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and other important historic documents. The student is expected to:
(A) identify the influence of ideas from historic documents, including the Magna Carta, the English Bill of Rights, the Mayflower Compact, and the Federalist Papers, on the U.S. system of government;
(E) explain the role of significant individuals such as Thomas Hooker, Charles de Montesquieu, and John Locke in the development of self-government in colonial America.
(29) Social studies skills. The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired through established research methodologies from a variety of valid sources, including technology. The student is expected to:
(B) analyze information by applying absolute and relative chronology through sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions;
(C) organize and interpret information from outlines, reports, databases, and visuals, including graphs, charts, timelines, and maps;
(E) support a point of view on a social studies issue or event;
(G) create a visual representation of historical information such as thematic maps, graphs, and charts representing various aspects of the United States; and
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2020 Social Studies Success® This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.