This timeline activity gives students the opportunity to create their own timelines and determine where events fall relative to each other. This activity is perfect for interactive notebooks and does not require any handouts or copies.
1. Columbus explores and claims parts of North America for Spain
2. Cabot explores North America and claims much land for England
3. Spanish conquistadors conquer the Aztecs and seize their gold and silver
4. Cartier explores the St. Lawrence River and claims it and the surrounding land for France
5. John Smith founds the first permanent English settlement in North America
6. French explorer Champlain founds the first French settlement in North America
7. Hudson discovers Hudson Bay and claims it and the surrounding land for England
8. La Salle, explores land along the Great Lakes and Mississippi River and claims much of it for France
1. notebook paper setup sample
2. very detailed and illustrated directions
3. key events
4. an example timeline
5. answer key
Additional Materials Needed
a classroom set of rulers
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you!
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing
my products per special request.
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.