Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.47 MB | multiple documents (zip) pages
Zip File includes the following: expectations with prompts, extended writing assignment, assignment rubric, format example, and scoring system for daily writing activities.
- This unit will be broken up into four sections: Argumentative, Expository, Narrative, and Persuasive. Students will have at least 30 to 40 writing prompts that will guide their writing during this unit. The Argumentative section will come prior to the actual unit beginning; it will be used as a warmup for SEP. The prompts will include but not be limited to the examples, in bulleted points, on the last pages of this document.
- Students will have an extended essay assignments at the end of each of the three sections during the unit. Criteria will be given at the time of extended assignment. The goal is simple, improve your writing through various scenarios that will require you to use your critical thinking skills. I’ve found that more times than not, the best way to learn how to improve your writing is putting your skills to practice...
Purpose will be for students to explore their writing style:
- Students will compare and contrast something (compare and contrast writing)
- Students will give information about something (informational writing)
- Students will describe something (descriptive writing)
- Students will evaluate something (evaluative writing)
- Students will give the cause and effect of something (cause and effect writing)
- Students will tell a personal story (personal narrative writing)
- Students will tell a story that has a point of view (narrative writing)
- Students will describe a process (process writing)
- Students will follow a line of argumentative reasoning through to its logical conclusion (argumentative writing)
- Students will persuade someone about something (persuasive writing)
- Students will critique something (critical writing & thinking)