Students explore a diagram showing food chains in an ecosystem in order to learn about food chains and what happens to them when an invasive species is introduced. They will answer questions about invasive species in their science journal or on the provided worksheets.
This station is also available in a larger bundle of 8 stations at a discount of 35%. Instead of paying $2, you only pay $1.50 per station.
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in the blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journal, but worksheets are included as well.
Information about the full bundle:
Ecosystems and Biodiversity Science Stations for Third Grade Next Generation Science Standards
include 8 different science stations where students can deepen their understanding of how animals interact with each other. The focus is on NGSS 3-LS2.C and 3-LS4.D and include concepts such as food chains, food webs, traits of organism change due to environmental changes, how animals affect their environment, invasive species, and biomes.
► Vocabulary Cards
in two formats with and without pictures.
- Students watch a video about the Food Chains and Food Webs and answer questions. Allow students to choose the video or have them do both.
- Students interact with a video game about the food chains. There are two different video games. Each video game has it’s own set of questions and task cards.
- Students investigate the a changing environment affects the traits of organisms and how it leads to the process of natural selection.
- Students diagram how a food chain in an ecosystem and learn how the changes in an environment, both natural and human, affect the food chain.
► Read a Passage
- Students read a passage about beavers and learn who beavers can change a forest river ecosystem.
- Students learn about the effects of deforestation and conservation.
- Students explore a diagram showing food chains in an ecosystem and learn what happens when an invasive species is introduced.
- Students sort organisms into natural biomes.
Some stations include two or more activity choices and extension activities.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for two days, or any format that works for your classroom.
See the preview for additional information and details.
You might also be interested in our Plant and Animal Life Cycles
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for my newsletter NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.