Whether its Columbus Day, or just a Social Studies class, we can enjoy exploring an explorer. Students will choose a world traveler and go in-depth on their journeys and their discoveries. Good for 1-2 class periods in Middle School history classes. Its a combination of a web quest and a thought experiment to explore the world through an explorer's eyes.
I typically follow up this Columbus and explorer research with a debate over the consequences and opportunities of global expansion and colonialism.
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Chamption
And whether you buy or not, enjoy one of my acoustic-alt-rock songs, free! “Careless in My Sleep” Careless in My Sleep