Explore our Five Senses (printable A4 size).
Our five senses lessons focus on exploring how we process and understand the world around us through our senses of smell, hearing, touch, sight, and taste. The fun, hands-on activities are tactile, exploratory, and sensorial. When we understand the function of each of our five senses it helps process and categorize our daily experiences.
Have fun and explore our Five Senses: smell, hearing, touch, sight, and taste!
Explore our Five Senses, it's 5 complete lessons for classroom and homeschool teachers! Each lesson offers multiple activities that can be explored daily or customized to integrate into a week's curriculum!
50 pages of creative activities combining math, language, art, science, music, movement, and motor skills. Each lesson includes a book and song recommendation as well as a topic for open discussion and discussion ideas to develop social and emotional readiness.
This ready to use program includes all the coloring pages and templates as well as a list of art materials required for each lesson.
Teaching Materials Include:
• 5 complete themed lessons explore the five senses
• Learn about our five senses: smell, hearing, touch, sight, and taste
• 25 printable templates of coloring pages and crafts
• Song lyrics for the traditional and original songs
• Movement ideas for the music and activity songs
• Music and movement ideas focus on body awareness and will get you marching, dancing, hopping, jumping, and clapping
• Learn, color, and count numbers 1 through 5
• Learn about early math concepts including: gingerbread man and story sequence, AB patterning, one to one correspondence, shape matching, and color sorting into a muffin tray
• Explore our sense of smell with smelling jars, making cinnamon salt clay, and
coloring objects that have strong odors
• Explore our sense of hearing with making musical shakers and coloring objects that make sounds
• Explore our sense of touch with feeling different textures and temperatures, making a tactile crocodile with collage materials, exploring a mystery bag, and making and manipulating play dough
• Explore our sense of sight with a scavenger hunt, spot what’s missing on a tray of objects, coloring objects we can see, and drawing without sight
• Explore our sense of taste with tasting different snacks by exploring sweet, salty, savory, and sour, and coloring things we can taste
• Explore science with making a paper plate face, making a sound wave drum, string telephone, and drawing a self-portrait................
.......and so much more. The ideas are endless!
Create, Explore, Discuss!