Organize any unit on explorers with this handy booklet - and additional resources!
1. The booklet includes places to record key information about each explorer and many non-fiction text features. The fill-in-the-blank style allows for customization, independent/group research and differentiation. The center of the booklet is a map for students to record routes. There are detailed assembly instructions (along with how to include fewer or more explorers in the booklet) and a host of classroom-tested implementation ideas.
2. A mapping task card and Google kid-friendly search term card will promote student independence as they collect and record information.
3. The list of possible explorers (along with blank spaces) will help you stay organized.
4. 14 portrait cards incorporate a creative element
5. Enrich your explorer unit with Make-A-Timeline resources! Students can add to a timeline and generate questions related to the information presented by the class.
PLEASE NOTE: I’ve significantly reduced the Additional Users License Fee to make this available for an entire grade level. When you check out, click EDIT next to the word 'Licenses' or the red button "Buy licenses to share'. Add additional licenses to cover your team. You’ll feel good about following TpT rules and be able to divide the overall cost.
You may also be interested in :
State Report Research Project – State-specific Tri-Fold Brochures
Morning Meeting Greetings: 50 Fast and Engaging Cards for Student Independence
Research Project Rubrics for Group Presentations
Research Project Rubrics for Individual Presentations
Reading Strategy Homework – Engage in authentic practice! Any level! Any book!
Large Scale Timeline with cut-and-paste option.
The Pet Project – A mini economics simulation for second-fifth grade
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.