Final Project | Culminating Activity | Summative Assessment
Create a play (or drama) about an explorer! Here you will find a culminating activity or final project for the explorers unit. It is cross curricular and also includes aspects of English, Math and Science.
Social Studies - Choose an explorer that you want to create a play about. Show why this explorer was important to the exploration of the new world.
English - Make sure all aspects of a drama are included. (characters, setting, script, stage directions, props, etc).
Science - Create a model of a boat that the explorers might use to get across the Atlantic Ocean. You can only use the items on the list provided. Then, let the students test out their boats - see who can hold the most weight before sinking!
Math - Calculate how much money your materials will cost .You only have $50.00 to spend!
Let your students show what they know in a fun and exciting way! This is a great project to round up a few units, or revisit some engineering and math skills you have already worked on!
In this package you will find:
- instructions on how to use the product
- student instruction sheet (one with simple numbers ending in 0 and 5 and one with any numbers)
- rubric (with or without a self and peer evaluation)
- self and peer evaluation recording sheet
- 3 pages of scripts for the drama
- scientific method sheet including question, hypothesis, materials and method
- a materials tracking sheet, with space for tallying and adding
- a sheet for concluding about the boat and total amount of money spent