This product contains everything you need for a high school research paper unit. The unit is designed to have students research a notable adventurer or explorer. I have had great success doing this unit in tandem with the class reading Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air, but it could also stand alone as a self-contained unit or be used in tandem with any book about adventure or exploration.
The unit includes the following resources:
* An assignment sheet with clear directions and expectations
* A list of potential research topics
* A worksheet that points students to potential pitfalls and problems that might occur when putting together their rough draft
* A rubric that the teacher can use to assess the rough draft
* A sample outline for students to follow
* A small packet that instructs students how to compile a Works Cited list
* A worksheet that points students to potential pitfalls and problems that might occur when revising their rough draft into a polished finished product
* A rubric that the teacher can use to assess the final draft
With the exception of one document, all of the included materials are in Microsoft Word and are easily modifiable so that you can adjust dates, expectations, etc. However, I have left my dates in to give you a sense of how long I have given students for each part of the process.