Products in this Bundle (16)
showing 1-5 of 16 products
Welcome to DARK. This is an NGSS unit that integrates a storyline and projects with existing Kesler Science inquiry labs, station labs, and 5E Lessons. In this unit, students will join and assist the fictitious Amateur Astronomers’ Conservation Society, exploring the relationships between the Sun, Moon, and Earth, and evaluating changes that will affect our future atmosphere
Unit Introduction Script:
"Think about the sky for a moment. Do you picture a clear blue day with white puffy clouds? Or a nighttime view full of sparkling stars? Have you ever really thought about the importance of our sky?
You’re in luck! You’ve been given a chance to “expand your horizons.” Your class has been invited to join the Amateur Astronomers’ Conservation Society.
To complete your membership, you will first complete a specialized model of the Sun, Earth, and Moon’s relationship in space. Then, once you are a full member, you will help other members of the society investigate eclipses, reduce nighttime light pollution, and study the effects of atmospheric changes on our environment.
You’re about to experience the sky in a whole new way.
Don’t be afraid of the DARK!"
Included in this Unit:
- unit overview
- day-by-day teacher instructions
- four unit projects
- five station labs
- six inquiry labs
- five 5E lessons
- student activity pages
- project-based and traditional assessments
- rubrics for feedback and standards-based grading
- journaling/synthesis activities
- two training videos that teach you how to use the files
- MS-ESS 3-4 - Construct an argument supported by evidence for how increases in human population and per-capita consumption of natural resources impact Earth's systems.
- MS-ESS3-4 - Construct an argument supported by evidence for how increases in human population and per-capita consumption of natural resources impact Earth's systems.
- MS-ESS 3-5 - Ask questions to clarify evidence of the factors that have caused the rise in global temperatures over the past century.
List of Additional Files Included with this Unit:
- Seasons Rotation and Revolution Station Lab
- Lunar Cycle Station Lab
- Eclipses Station Lab
- Atmosphere Station Lab
- Visible Light Station Lab
- Seasons Rotation and Revolution Inquiry Lab
- Lunar Phases Inquiry Lab
- Eclipses Inquiry Lab
- Atmosphere Inquiry Lab
- Human Impact on Natural Resources Inquiry Lab
- Greenhouse Effect Inquiry Lab
5E Notes/INB Templates
- Lunar Phases
- Short- and Long-Term Environmental Impact
If you already have my inquiry labs, station labs, and 5E lessons, you will only need the core materials. You can purchase them here.
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.