At the end of this lesson, students will be able to look at different bird beaks and discuss the foods they might eat.
This lesson includes:
- Activity with multiple learning centers that show how different bird beaks collect food (the students get to "be" the birds)
- Activity where students get to compete for food sources in an ecosystem (with other "birds") by using bird beak models to collect food
- Craft - an easy and inexpensive way to make bird feeders that the kids can take home with them
- learning objectives and modifications for different age groups
- Background information on the science so you'll have everything you need to know for running the activities
- Worksheets to help your students document what they learn - these worksheets are designed as nature journal pages and encourage students to get outside and learn about nature!