This resource includes lessons, anchor charts and activities to teach and review Canadian coins for grades 2 and 3. Whole group, small group and independent practice is included.
Reinforce foundational math skills such as: reading and representing Canadian coins, skip counting by 5s, 10s and 25s, building addition skills with 2-digit numbers and finding the closest ten.
I Can ...
- I can read and represent coin combinations.
- I can skip count by 5s, 10s and 25s.
- I can count backwards by 5s and 10s.
- I can add 2-digit numbers with some regrouping.
- I can find the closest ten on a number line.
- I can investigate number expressions that are equal using the equal sign, the commutative property and the associative property of addition.
This resource is specific to teaching with Canadian money.
For more printables and activities please visit me at: www.myideafile.blogspot.com