GIVE YOUR STUDENTS A CHOICE AND A VOICE!
Spark curiosity and encourage student participation with this thematic collection of webquest activities from Creating Compelling Conversations: Reproducible Search and Share Activities for English Teachers (available July 1st via Amazon).
Part research assignment and part group discussion, Search and Share helps students deepen critical thinking skills, expand English vocabulary, and create compelling conversations. Designed primarily for intermediate and advanced English language learners, these flexible exercises ask students to explore and share their personal interests with classmates in a safe, focused manner on chosen themes. As a result, each English class leads to different discussions and stays current, allowing learners to take ownership of their expanding language skills in an appealing, communicative style.
MAKE EACH LESSON UNIQUE
All units from Creating Compelling Conversations remain adaptable to a variety of English classrooms. Each reproducible lesson is self-contained, allowing English teachers to use or lose as they see fit.
In this section, Exploring New Career Opportunities, topics include:
- Collecting Advice on Writing Professional Emails
- Mastering Email Etiquette
- Collecting Resume Advice on the Internet
- Collecting Advice on Writing Compelling Cover Letters
- Sharing Best Practices for Job Interviews
- Sharing Best Practices for Skype Job Interviews
- Conducting Effective Informational Interviews
- Engineering in Daily Life
- A Famous Person You Admire
- Exploring New Career Opportunities
What will your students choose? What will they share? Let’s find out!
Ask More. Know More. Share More. Create Compelling Conversations!