This Exploring Materials, Tools, and Machines Worksheet was designed for middle school students learning about the safe and appropriate use of materials, tools, and machines for engineering design or STEM projects. Key vocabulary includes properties, materials, tools, and machines.
This double-sided worksheet features a helpful content summary at the top which students can refer back to while they’re working if they need help. It is a great compliment to my Introducing the Engineering Design Process Worksheet
There are 4 multiple choice questions, 9 matching questions, and one short answer/ open response question where students have to apply what they know to some higher-order thinking questions. Give as classwork, assign as homework, or leave for a sub!
All of my worksheets include:
- Name, date, and section at the top.
- Margins that have been appropriately adjusted on the front and back pages to accommodate for hole punching and easy placement in a 3-ring binder.
- Fun and age-appropriate graphics and fonts for middle school students!
- A complete answer key!
If you’re looking for more Engineering Design or STEM products, you might want to check out my:
Introducing the Engineering Design Process Worksheet
Technology and the Engineering Design Process PowerPoint with Student Notes
Technology and the Engineering Design Process Task Cards
The Engineering Design Process Posters
©2017 Adventures in Science
* Permission to use for personal use only.
* Please purchase additional licenses if you wish to share with colleagues!