Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.8 MB | 31 pages
"Exploring Our Solar System" is a great way for the Technology Specialist to integrate science into their instruction or for the classroom teacher looking for ways to enrich their units with technology. This unit consists of several activities that use technology as a tool to find information, enter data to make calculations and create a product that demonstrates their understanding of our solar system.
Your students will:
• Engage by making connections with new content and their daily lives;
• Explore ideas and new concepts with technology based activities;
• Explain new ideas and concepts;
• Evaluate by applying, connecting, and demonstrating their knowledge.
• Overview video & questions
• How Old are You on Other Planets? online activity
• How Far Can You Jump on Other Planets? spreadsheet & graphing
• Comparing the Sizes of Planets spreadsheet & graphing
• “We are the Planets” music video and facts
• Reading passage with fill in the blank questions and 2 open ended questions citing text evidence
• Links to online Solar System learning games;
• Two vocabulary puzzles for early finishers
Included are detailed lesson plans, videos hosted on Safeshare.tv, two Excel spreadhsheets, student handouts, and Word Wall vocabulary signs.
Your students will be able to explore and inquire with minimal direct teacher instruction if desired. You have the choice where you can guide and facilitate your students’ learning experiences in centers or stations or you can directly instruct whole an/or small groups over a span of several days.
As always, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon! If you find an error or a broken Internet link, please notify us and we’ll fix it fast! Please click on the green star at the top of our store page so you will be notified of new products, sales and flash freebies! Visit us at our blog at:
Copyright 2016 by 2 Tech Chicks. It may be printed and photocopied by the original purchaser for single classroom and personal use only and may not be put on the internet or sold.