Excite your students by letting them experiment with rocks and sand! The 3 connecting activities include directions and worksheets where students describe how sand looks and feels, rub rocks together to create their own sand, and apply and show what they have learned about sand!
VIEW the PREVIEW! :D
Worksheets all include fun clip art and text about rocks and sand!
Included in Set:
1. Directions for Sand Activities Directions for Activities 1,2 and 3!
2. Activity 1: How can we describe sand?
-Students use their senses to describe the properties of sand.
3. Activity 2: How much sand can we create by rubbing rocks together?
-2 worksheets that provide students with the structure to conduct an activity following the steps of the scientific method.
- Students make Predictions, Collect Data & Information, Revisit Predictions, and present their Findings & Results.
4. Activity 3: What have I learned about sand?
-4 differentiated questions that ask students to apply and write about what they have learned about sand.
-Additional writing page with extra lines.
Incorporate Literacy into Science!
Common Core State Standards: English Language Arts: Writing
Thanks for visiting my store!
Did you know that when you provide feedback on an item, you get credits that can be used later in a TpT store! Make sure to leave feedback in order to get this great discount!
Click the star at the top of the page to follow me! You'll know right away when I've posted new products.
Have a great day!