The resource Exploring Vocabulary- Celebrations, Festivals and Rites of Passage has been developed for word inquirers who are developing an interest or understanding of specialised vocabulary.
Aim: Taking inquiry deeper by developing and exploring technical vocabulary.
Subject links: HSIE, Social Studies, Global interactions, Celebrations, Intangible heritage, expressing identify, belief systems, transdisciplinary word study programmes
Included in the resource:
• Heading cards for grouping tasks
• 18 feeling- words cards & 6 blank cards
• 18 celebrations/rites of passage elements cards & 6 blank cards
• 18 action word cards & 6 blank cards
• 30 idea-words cards & 6 blank cards
• 36 examples word cards & 6 blank cards
• 4 word webs
A good resource for supporting differentiation, student choice in concept based inquiry. Let your students chose the word that most interests them or is connected to personal research on the topic.
Exploring Vocabulary- Celebrations, Festivals and Rites of Passage can be used to support transdisciplinary word work inquiries. The vocabulary in this resource is suitable for word problem solvers in the following groups
• Within Word Pattern Stage
• Syllables and Affixes Stage