This has unit projects for all 5 units in the Grade 7 Alberta Science curriculum. Each unit has tasks to complete. Students are given a particular continent/ecosystem on an exoplanet that is being explored and colonized.
The units include:
- Interactions and Ecosystems - students "discover" new animals, food chains, symbiosis
- Plants for Food and Fibre - students discover new plants, explore problems with introducing exotic species, and look at the propagation of plants
- Structures and Forces - students research a structure on Earth to determine if it is right for their new continent, build a Natural History museum, and design bridges
- Heat and Temperature - students discover sources of heat, and design a thermos to keep things hot or cold
- Planet Earth - students explore rocks and minerals, mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes, as well as find and explain fossils.