This flipbook is based off the book Martin’s Big Words but can be used with any resource/information about MLK!
1. Front Cover Page
2. Students will fill in a thought bubble of Martin Luther King about the ways that African Americans were being treated in the South
3. Students will respond about why the Montgomery Bus Boycott was an important part of history
4. Compare and Contrast how the African Americans were being treated in the South compared to the whites
5. Students will respond to what Martin Luther King’s dream was and why it was important to African Americans
6. Students will choose a new title for Martin’s Big Words and provide evidence from the text on why they chose the new title
7. Blank page if you want to add more resources
There are six discussion cards that allow students to discuss and evaluate (Bloom’s Taxonomy) the life of Martin Luther King.
Students will cut out all of the pages and assemble the book together. This can be done before they start the book or after it is complete. This would be a neat project to hang out in the hallway!