In this unit, students will explore the geography and history of the Pacific Islands, and the development of their lands and cultures. Students will examine modern geographical issues relating to the Pacific Islands, including climate change and the relationship of the peoples across the Pacific.
Throughout the unit, I have differentiated worksheets where needed to cater for students at different literacy levels - a grade level 5-6 option ad a grade level 7-8 option. The spelling & vocabulary list also allows you to choose from 3 different levels of spelling capabilities to extend all your students.
This unit includes:
* Integrated Geography and History lessons
* Specific Links to Australian Curriculum
* Unit planner (6wks or 30lessons)
* An Introductory Lesson
* 30 Detailed lesson plans
* English Tasks - Reading and comprehension
* Geography Tasks – mapping, reading, analysing and creating graphs of geographical data
* History – analysing primary and secondary sources
* History - Inquiry Project complete with Teacher Assessment Rubric and Peer Assessment Rubric
Please check out my other units available in my store. Thankyou :)